Job Description: Crew Member
Responsible to: Team Leader/ Area Leader
Accountable: Head of Operations
Hourly Rate: Under25s £8.20 (+£0.99p holiday pay accrued per hour) & over 25s £8.72 (£1.05p holiday pay accrued per hour) From April 2020
DC Site Services operates on project (event) based work. This means that job roles vary depending on the site and the contract obtained by DC Site Services. Listed below are some of the standard job roles however this is not a fully comprehensive list and jobs may occur outside of these categories.
- Cleaning of surfaces, windows and furniture
- Vacuuming of carpets and mopping/sweeping hard floors
- Clearance of rubbish/waste
- Any other reasonable cleaning duties
- Ensure consumables (toilet rolls, soap etc.) are kept well stocked
- Clean sinks, mirrors, toilets where appropriate
- Mop floors
- Clean down all units at the end of each working day
Litter Picking/Waste Management Operative
- Change the bags in full wheelie bins and remove to waste compound
- Litter pick ground/seating areas
- Empty large back of house bins
- Sort general waste from recyclable materials
- Assist the public where necessary
- Be the ‘face’ of the event answering questions from the public.
- Assist the public in emergency situations
- Keeping a watchful eye for inappropriate/criminal activity and report accordingly.
- Ensure the smooth movement of traffic through the site or car park
- Ensure traffic is moving but at the correct speed limit
- Park cars quickly and efficiently
- Check vehicle passes where appropriate
- Escort vehicles through crowded areas
- Be vigilant of possible hazards or issues and report to your supervisor
- Turn up to work on time 30 minutes before your shift begins
- Conduct the role to the instruction of your supervisor and assist them in completing the task
- Ensure you wear all uniform and PPE correctly as instructed in your induction
- Adhere to the DC Site Services ‘Code of Conduct’ at all times. (Found on our website).
- Keep clear communication with your supervisor as to your progress and report if you feel the task is too great for you.
- Ensure your working hours are recorded correctly
- Respond efficiently to calls/requests from your supervisor or other senior staff members.
Essential Requirements for Applicants
- Good spoken English
- Basic written English
- Good work ethic
- Can be trusted to work unsupervised for short periods of time
- Be prepared to work for long periods of time away from home
Desirable Requirements for Applicants
- Experience working in the event industry
- Experience working in commercial cleaning
comments powered by Disqus