DC Site Services prides itself on being a family run business that provides a professional service at a cost effective price. We will always go that extra mile to ensure that the Events & Festivals we work with are successful, safe and happy environments to attend and work at. Providing bespoke services to achieve our client’s goals and recognising the value in our workforce are our primary goals; investing in those who invest in us.
As we continue into the next decade we recognise that the Events & Festival industry has evolved, requiring us to expand with it and share our knowledge and experience from working within the industry.
DC Site Services has gained a highly regarded reputation by perpetuating the following values:
- Committing the company to doing our very best for the Events & Festivals we work with and going that extra mile when required.
- To Remain Reliable and consistent in our services and to leave no service incomplete
- To remain honest and reliable in all of our relationships and transactions.
- To be respectful of others, their views and their rights.
- To be Inclusive in how we value diversity, support equality of access to opportunities and challenge discrimination.
- To remain creative and flexible in our thinking, in our work and with how we use our resources.
- Providing customers with high quality services which meet their requirements and are fit for purpose
- Enhancing the skills of management and staff through review and actively pursuing an on-going training policy, the objective of which is to prepare staff to perform their work more effectively
- Promoting the quality management systems and ensuring implementation is achieved by internal auditing, management review, corrective and preventative actions (operating the business to the latest ISO Standard and OHSAS 18001 2007)
‘Practicing what we preach’ is key to DC Site Services and our continuing push for sustainability spreads beyond the Events & Festival’s we service. Our offices operate the following policies to ensure we minimise our environmental impact:
- Sourcing recycled stationary options and re-using print cartridges
- Use a 2 bin system to recycle as much of our waste as possible.
- Using online recruitment and personnel management processes to minimize ‘paper trails’
- Distributing downloadable material via email and portal to minimise paper sent to employees and clients.
- Any procurement considers the environmental impact of the product or service sourced.
Training & Development (Recruitment & Selection)
We recognise that as a company that we support all of our staff with a keen focus on training and development. Utilising the experience and knowledge gained over the years, DC Site Services is dedicated to ensuring that our management and supervisory structure offers organic progression opportunities, remains strong, effective and with a full, comprehensive knowledge of any task at hand.
We encourage our staff at all levels of operations to develop their skills, and enthusiastically offer our guidance and support where we can with the aim of providing personnel of the highest standards.
Correspondingly, training and briefings prior to the commencement of any service is mandatory with all of our event staff. Prior to this we incorporate vetting procedures to ensure that our staff are suitable to begin work. As such, DC Site Services utilises police criminality checks and immigration screening with further DBS (disclosure and barring service) checks taking place for SIA & CSAS positions.
Following in this same vein, DC Site Services has in recent years taken steps to expand the services we offer to now include a far more flexible onsite traffic management and car parking service. Additionally, with staff now trained in Unit 2 & 10 Street Works we are now also able to offer a comprehensive offsite traffic management plan comprising all aspects of traffic management planning and council/highway agency applications, work on high-speed roads and dual carriageways with the ability to plan, develop, and place bespoken event signage.
We are also working with JPS Consultancy to provide CSAS (Community Safety Accreditation Scheme) qualified staff. Our CSAS staff are trained by the Devon and Cornwall Police Force and are granted authorisation by the Government to direct traffic on any public highway. This allows us to build exceptional traffic management plans and allows for fast response onsite to congestion without the need for placing traffic lights.
While we continue to progress in the services we offer out in the field, we also continue to seek improvement within the internal infrastructure of the company. We seek to attain ISO accreditation in the hopes to improve the quality of our management services and to send the message to our staff, suppliers and clients that we are committed to providing a consistent, high level of service.