Volunteering at events is a great way to gain experience whilst still getting time to enjoy the shows!
You can join DC Site Services at some of the best festivals this summer by applying to volunteer!
In exchange for working 2 - 3 shifts, you get free entry to the festivals and additional benefits, the benefits of volunteering include:
- Crew pass and uniform
- Crew camping in a secure area
- Access to the crew café, toilets and showers
When volunteering with DC Site Services you would be working in one of various roles depending on the event you apply for. The role description for each event can be found in more detail once you have set up a volunteer profile through our application system (PAAM).
You may fill one of the following roles:
- Traffic steward – Helping direct and park cars arriving or leaving the festival
- Green steward – Assisting with litter and waste duties and improving the events sustainability through waste sorting.
- Campsite Steward – Responsible for maintaining access roads, assisting campers and general lookout/patrol duties
- Site assistance – anything from administration duties to changing headphone batteries and filling paint bags!
- Access control – Checking tickets and wristbands of the general public entering and leaving the site.
The amount of time you will work varies depending on the type of event, length of opening and ticket price. The time is usually between 12 and 24 hours and is either usually two or three separate shifts. These shifts will mostly fall between the Thursday and the Monday of the event. .Please note that some roles may require the odd night shift. See the event details on your PAAM profile under the tab 'apply' for further information
Requests to be able to see your favorite bands will be considered if enough notice is given during role and shift allocations which will occur before work commences.
To Volunteer with DC Site Services you need to:
- Be 18 or over at the start of the event.
- Be available to arrive by the before the event opens.
- Be available to work your allocated shifts
- Be available for a briefing on the prior to the event weekend.
- Be able to prove your right to work in the UK.
- Pay a refundable security deposit where applicable, which will be returned to you a month following the event subject to you meeting our Terms and Conditions.